This was the site of my demise this week. The scene hasn't really changed much (I've moved to the other sofa):
Let me give you the inventory of what is surrounding that sofa. Let's go clockwise from the top left.
On the sofa:
1. The extension cord in which my cellphone is plugged. 'cause I wouldn't want to get off my arse to answer the phone
2. A hat I was knitting for Tangled Skeins. (sitting on the blanket)
3. TV remote control
4. AN ENTIRE CHOCOLATE CAKE. Thanks alot, NORMA! I practically ate the entire thing that night. Geez. You were right about the cayenne pepper, though. Who knew?!?!?!
Sitting on my coffee table (aka the bass drum)
5. Coffee (to warm my hands)
6. Bath and Body Works hand cream. YUM.
7. A bag of Rowan wool cotton.
8. The bunny hat made out of #7.
On the floor
9. My backpack (only mentioned b/c I love the colour).
10. The heating pad, where I was resting my feet.
11. The blanket that went over my feet.
I think the fact that the cake is sitting on the couch just kind of says it all, doesn't it?
No? You need further proof that my life has gone downhill? Ok. Here's what I looked like that brisk evening:
That's a double layer of fleece, gang. It's the world's most unattractive housecoat (featuring teddy bears) and a pair of fleece pjs with snowmen. Note: I'm wearing a t-shirt UNDER all that fleece.
It was 52F in the house this morning and it's back up to 54 tonight. I have a feeling that we'll be turning on the heat tomorrow. I bought the removable plastic caulking to seal up our drafty windows and a kit to cover the two windows that seem to give us the most grief. Once we finish with those things, we'll be firing up the furnace.
Tomorrow morning, however, we'll be catching up on Coronation Street!