The furnace is on. The heating hold-out has ended. Shortly before the furnace was turned on the inside temperature was 13C.
I would like to make a few points before anyone thinks to utter the word "wuss".
1. We have started thinking of 12C (55F) as "liveable".
2. It has been 14C (56F) and under for the majority of the last 15 days.
3. The plants are starting to lean toward the neighbour's side of the house.
4. Andrew and I could see our breath in the air last Sunday.
5. When I misplaced the dishcloth, all you had to do was look for the steam above it.
6. The refrigerator seemed warm.
7. I no longer shiver at 13C (55F).
8. The butter in the cupboard is harder than the butter in the refrigerator.
9. I've started to suspect that Andrew is working long hours only to stay away from our house.
10. CBC has stupidly cancelled the Roundup. (Not sure what that has to do with us being called wusses, but living with no heat and hearing that the Roundup has been cancelled... well, something had to give. I was getting too close to the edge.)
Andrew and I just got home from dinner with JAK and her husband (who just made VP of his company - YEAH!!!! Congrats!). We had sushi. YUM. I wish I had thought to photograph Andrew stuffing the end piece of a soft-shelled crab roll into his mouth. All these legs sticking out everywhere... heh heh... It was funny.
Thanks, everyone for your kind "Blogiversary" wishes. Sniff... You made me feel so loved!
Ok, gotta go. The heat is on, baby... on the street. I think I can take off the touque now!
Tomorrow, photos! (I hope)