Tuesday, February 07, 2006

February Blahs

... I've got 'em. I think. I'm tired, I'm pale and I'm cranky.
Sigh.
Knitting:
I've got two 1/2 finished projects to show you, but can I coordinate computer, camera and creativity? noooooooooooooooo.
News:
- I saw an old friend on the weekend and had a great time catching up, reminiscing (watch, I bet I spelled that wrong) and talking. She and her husband own a blueberry business in my hometown and she brought me some lovely blueberry sauce, and a blueberry muffin soy candle. I'm tempted to eat BOTH things with a spoon. If any of you out there like blueberries, this is the place to go. It's a family run business. They've developed many of the products on their own and even managed to get a New Brunswick potter to make their own collection of blueberry pottery. I already have a mug by this potter, so I know the line must be gorgeous. It was really nice to see you, B. It's been too long for so many reasons.
- Some things are in the works with Andrew and hopefully I'll soon have some photos of local celebrities wearing handknit items.
- The hand is healing nicely. I've been cleared for knitting, but after much soul-searching and contemplation, I've decided to sit out of the Knitting Olympics. It's just too soon and I don't think I'm at my personal best right now. I don't think I could deal with the disappointment of not finishing my project before the end of the Olympics. It was a hard decision, especially b/c it is every young knitter's dream to compete in the Olympics.
- Someone's birthday was on Sunday... someone who owns a fabulous local yarn store.
- We had snow. Then we didn't. Then we did. Now we don't and it's been really mild outside. David Suzuki is right about everything. Why can't we all listen?
- Janie Clarkson is my new best friend. She's really quite lovely. Angela introduced us.

6 comments:

  1. FINALLY! A post! Have you been real busy!!? I check everyday. Yes, I have no life. I think we should start a club, I got the blah's too. ( which my LOVELY husband has labelled "post-partum" - thank you so much!) Your b-day is coming up though!! That's something to be happy about... PRESENTS PRESENTS PRESENTS and discounts at some stores and restaurants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't janie clarkson divine! you should do lunch - she's always ready for a lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need to spend time with an imaginary friend rather than the tedious real people in our lives. I have known 'Janie Clarkson' by other names over the years. I will admit I have recently used the less imaginative... 'Oh! I must run now I have an appointment'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. February sucks. So bleh.

    I need to post something. Anything. Maybe my hat - I totally empathize with your lack of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about missing out on the Winter Games. The summer games are only 2 years away and the hand should be in top shape by then. Though maybe you should get some more blueberry sauce and start pre-carb loading. I'd bet it would be divine over angelfood or poundcake. Perfect for the February blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool- I will definitely check out those blueberries when I am up there next!

    That website looks great- I am so hungry now!

    Maybe you could plan a trip? or go get a massage? Do something to pamper yourself. We all have to get through the winter somehow!

    ReplyDelete