*straightening up blog and looking around*
I do seem to be on a bit of a hiatus, don't I?
Let's see here.
*shuffles papers on desk*
Ah, here we go. A random list of what's been going on:
1. Henry, thoroughly "adventured-out" as he put it, has returned home. Alison posted more about his adventures at her house. Please follow the link in the sidebar to her site for more "Adventures with Henry". I'm too tired to write more html.
2. Pippin has been visiting since last Tuesday night. His family is home as of tonight, but he is staying on for another night or two as they are preparing their house for sale and viewings.
3. There was an incident involving Henry and Pippin after Pippin's bath on Sunday morning. Everyone is ok. But Henry has refused to come down off the mantle. I have to bring him his meals up there.
4. Mr. Happy is currently, to the best of my knowledge, in Philadelphia and then is heading to New York City. Doing sound. For a documentary.
5. I met the lovely, Ingridand her hubby at the shop on Saturday. As it turns out she is the daughter of one of the people for whom I work, Her dad has a powered hang-glider which he writes about on his site. He's like a super-hero pharmacist. Ingrid? You should really knit him a cape.
6. Mr. Happy and I went to Woodstock just over a week ago for a visit with my family - My uncle was home from Edmonton, so we took a quick jaunt up (quick, ha, 5.5 hours in the car!). It was really, really great to get to see him, my grandparents, my Auntie Jan (hi Auntie Jan!), my uncle Donnie (hi!), Auntie Jan's vile cat, Minnie..., my cousins, my cousin's wife... the twins, Thomas and Marlee - who are at that fun age of 14 months and, of course, Rocky - my cousin's not-vile cat.
There was a moment during dinner at my cousin's house that was like something out of a Godzilla movie - we heard screeches and looked back in time to see the kids, hands wrapped around each others' throats... and then, Horror! Thomas sunk his teeth into Marlee's head. That poor little girl - she had teeth marks on one side of her head, and a gigantic bruise on her forehead where she got in a fight with the floor and the floor won. She's a tough cookie. It seems she's going to have to be with Thomas around.
Marlee, sweetie, I've got stories about your dad that will help you understand your brother a bit better. Call me, k?
7. Knit news:
- I've ripped and re-started a sock three times already. Sigh.
- I made a hat for Mr. Happy, but it's too big. RRRRRRIP!
- That cute little baby sweater I made for a friend? Green and white / cream? I bet the baby is probably already too big for it.
Photos on Wednesday.
8. I'm sleepy and going to bed.