Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sending Out an SOS to the Knit World

Today I was pulled some projects out of my UFO basket and decided to silence their cries of unfinished anguish by making them whole and complete.

After a little hemming and hawing, I decided to overcome Second Clog Syndrome. About a million years ago, I made a Felted Clog (the Fiber Trends pattern) in the smallest size. Much to my astonishment, that first clog used exactly ONE skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. Feeling rather self-sure, I picked up the second skein and started knitting.

About 20 minutes ago, and 3 rows from the finish, I ran out of yarn. I've spent the last 20 minutes crying in a corner, clutching my bag of BSLP scrap yarn, muttering, "Black, Grey, Pink... but no KIWI!!!!"

Here's the SOS: I don't want to buy another whole skein... and I don't remember seeing this colour at Tangled Skeins. Does anyone out there (hopefully in Halifax) have about 3 metres (doubled, so 6 metres) of BSLP in Kiwi??? There may be a Henry stitch marker in it for you.*

*is that bribery? or am I just pimping out Henry?

10 comments:

  1. aw sorry, I have a few bright colors of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride - including yellow and stuff, but not Kiwi... too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could help, but I don't think I own any brown sheep lamb's pride except for blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:12 p.m.

    not bribing just trading. no kiwi here. i had second clog syndrome for years too. in fact i don't think i even finished the first and had to rip it out and start again b/c i couldn't find where i was in the pattern. good luck in your kiwi search!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:54 p.m.

    Hey Steph,

    I have some :) I can't find the ball band but I'm pretty sure it's kiwi. I can drop it off to you after work or you can pick it up... whichever works. email me at ophelia(at)accesswave.ca and we can make the arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 a.m.

    Stacey's yarn was Limeade. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Steph, wish I could help you. I only have 2 skeins and they are both black (Cam's hat).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll see what I can get for you here in NB. I have tomorrow off. I wish I could have seen you while you were in the area, but I know what it's like to be pressed for time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:56 p.m.

    Can’t help from this side of the harbour, as the only kiwi in my house is the fuzzy brown edible kind. Although, I wonder am I the only one concerned about what colour yarn Henry is knit from …and just how desperate Stephanie may be in her quest.
    *****SECRET MESSAGE FOR HENRY*****
    Grab the first floatable item you see in the house, run/roll for the harbour, set sail for the Halifax shore aim for the far tip of Point Pleasant Park and I’ll send out a rescue party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry cannot be canibalized for a slipper! That would not do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:54 p.m.

    Hi, I'm that crazy lady from Texas who came into Tangled skeins with a daughter and an almost teen that I'm trying to bring to the dark side. I'm home now. Have finished the evelyn clark flower shawl in that lovely yarn. And I think that you did have kiwi in tangled skeins. Think that's the green that Tannis chose. I left the yarn and the Nicky Epstein book with her, so can't help with the yarn. Let me email her, as she's local.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.