I was just doing chorus-line kicks in the photocopier room because I just called around to cancel our weekend training session.
This is great b/c:
1. I had made plans for Andrew and I to go out tonight with JAK and her husband. Now I don't have to come home super early.
2. I can plant some more seeds tomorrow and work on that baby sweater (coming along nicely - I've finished the back and am working on one of the front sides now).
3. I can hang out with my sister-in-law. Her husband is away at a conference. It's the first time he has been away on his own since they moved here 4 years ago. She usually goes with him to conferences, so this is her first "single parent" weekend in 4 years! She's Pippin's mommy, b.t.w.
4. I will have time to get more work done on those messy rooms!
I feel kinda bad b/c:
1. One of the ladies was really looking forward to this weekend.
2. One lady who cancelled did so because she was sick.
3. The other lady who cancelled is having a really hard time at home right now. She's a real sweetie so I feel awful that she's going through some rough stuff. I am glad, however, that she chose to opt out of the weekend. Her family comes first right now.
4. I am now free to go home for the weekend, but as I'm going home FOR SURE in two weeks, I would really rather stay home. I'm such a miserable shit (my mom would have called me that, I know it).
5. My hunky optometrist looked really bad last night (he grew out his hair and he's got highlights - bad ones) and he gave me new contacts to try. I don't think they are going to work out b/c my eyes are stinging right now. This has nothing to do with the training session cancellation.
As it turns out - my eyes did get a little worse. Not such a big change that I need to change my glasses prescription. But I really don't think this new kind of contact lens is going to work out. Owee!!!
Just as I suspected, he had to flip my eyelids up to check under them. BUT after he flipped my right eyelid., I expected him to do the other one. Instead he said, "Ok, I'm not going to do the other one because, well, you've got really strong eyelids and from what I saw under that one, the other one is probably fine."
You know, I always suspected that I had some sort of superpower... but I never suspected I would have abnormally strong eyelids.
"Would you like me to open that jar? Let me just use... my eyelids."
"You're about to jump from a burning building? I'll catch you... with my eyelids."
"Your car is dangling over a precipice? I'll grab the bumper and pull you to safety... with my eyelids."