Today is the 10th anniversary of my first date with the big lug I now call my husband. Let it be known to all of blogland, that I brazenly asked him to accompany me to a movie. He swears he was only days away from asking me out, but I beat him to the punch. Oh yes indeedy, this fine romance is my own darned fault. And I couldn't be happier about it. 10 years already. Wow. I can't wait to find out what the next 10 years brings.
(Becca, now is when you chime in and remind me that I stole him from you. Aren't you glad that I did? Coincidentally, this fall was 10 years that blogless Becca and I have known each other... and since we're on that path... 13 years since I met Minou's Mommy after following the strains of familiar music to her dorm room during our first year at university. 13 is an important number, right Ang?)
Ok, on to the meme. Gromit was playing tag the other day and I'm it.
5 weird things about me:
1. I have a thing about walking down stairs. If I'm walking with a group of people, I make them go down first. I don't like having anyone behind me. I think this came about as a result of falling on the stairs at Andrew's parents house about 6 years ago. I felt my foot slip and then I went crashing down, bumping down about 6 stairs and slamming my left arm on the way down, resulting in an ugly, puffy bruise running the length of my forearm. It was nowhere near as spectacular and death defying as the fall Moe's stunt double took last week, (if you haven't seen the recreation, it's worth the click), but it left me with a lingering feeling that I should let other people walk ahead of me. And no, it's not so I have a soft place to land.
2. I've never had a perm. I know it doesn't sound so weird, but hey, I was a teenager in 1987... I managed to avoid the spiral perms, the poodle perms and the just plain ugly perms that were all the rage in those days. (Also under the category of things I didn't do in the 1980s: I have never seen Top Gun or Dirty Dancing. And I bless my lucky stars every day for that.)
3. When I'm getting ready to bake or cook, I like to start with a clean kitchen. I wash all the dishes and put them away, and tidy up anything left in the kitchen before I start. I can't think if the place is messy. It makes me anxious.
4. I make lists whenever I pack my suitcase. Which wouldn't seem so strange, except that I travel for work quite often so you wouldn't think I would need a list. I found an old list one time and tried to work from it, but I couldn't do it. I have to take them time to sit down and write a list to settle my thoughts before packing. Otherwise, I spend the travel time wondering what I forgot.
5. I can't burp. I don't get that nice release that a good burp brings to a bloated tummy. Instead my stomach makes these horrible noises that sound like I have a legion of gargoyles living in there. It's embarrassing and sometimes painful. Andrew calls them "throat burps", I call them Norman. That's the name Leslie gave my stomach when we were in Junior High. As a result of this problem, I have given up drinking carbonated beverages. No pop, no beer, no champagne, no sparkling water, no bubbly anything for me! Just water or iced tea please!
That's it... for now. Stay tuned for the unveiling of my new gadget! (Hint: There will be photos on this blog again!)