Ok, gang. On Friday I'm heading to Edmonton, Alberta for a conference. Then, after a couple of days at the conference, I'm visiting the esteemed Uncle K and Auntie K and their darling children for a few days.
I haven't been to Alberta since 1982, shortly before their first child was born. I haven't seen my cousins since my wedding in 1998. I can hardly wait to see them and spend time with them.
Here are the things I need to get done before I get on the plane on Friday morning at 6am.
1. Make my list of things to pack
2. Do laundry
3. Actually pack
4. Hem pants
5. put hemmed pants in suitcase.
6. Make a crap load of stitch markers for the shop.
7. Consult list and realize I've overpacked.
8. Take out some stuff
9. Choose what knitting projects to take with me.
10. Make sure Andrew knows where I'll be while i'm away and when to pick me up.
11. Dye my roots
While I go into complete panic mode and wonder if I have the flu (my coworker went home yesterday after I felt her forehead and said, "You're burning up."), you can admire this lovely photo of the lilac's from my back yard.